Precautions For The Use Of LiFePO4 Batteries
LiFePO4 Batteries — Charging Frequency:
Because lithium iron phosphate batteries have no memory effect, in theory, lithium batteries can be charged at any time. How long the lithium iron phosphate battery needs to be charged depends on the usage. When the voltage drops to the point where it warns itself, it needs to be charged as soon as possible. And when you need to charge for the important event that is expected to come, even when the battery has a lot of remaining power, then you just charge early, because you don’t really lose “1” charge cycle life, which is “0” .X” times, and often this X will be small.
LiFePO4 Batteries — Discharging:
The lithium iron phosphate battery has an overcurrent protection function. When the current of the electrical equipment exceeds the maximum output current of the product, the overcurrent protection circuit operates and the electrical equipment does not seem to work normally.
LiFePO4 Batteries — The configuration of the charger:
Proper and reasonable charging is good for prolonging the life of the battery pack. It is best to use the special charger provided by the manufacturer for the charger. Do not arbitrarily use other chargers with other models or charging voltages that do not match. The original original model charger is always more suitable and safer.
LiFePO4 Batteries — Use environment:
The operating environment temperature of the lithium iron phosphate battery should be suitable, the charging temperature is 0 ℃ ~ 45 ℃, and the discharge temperature is -20 ℃ ~ 60 ℃. It should be in a clean, dry and ventilated environment, avoid contact with corrosive substances, and keep away from fire and heat sources.
LiFePO4 Batteries — Storage environment:
- Lithium iron phosphate batteries need to be stored for a long time and should be kept at 50%-60% of the load state, replenished every 3 months, and charged and discharged every six months.
- Do not use or place the battery in high temperature (in hot sunlight or in a hot car), as this may cause the battery to overheat, fire, or malfunction and shorten its lifespan.
- It is forbidden to store in strong static electricity and strong magnetic field, otherwise it will easily damage the battery safety protection device and cause unsafe hazard.
- If the battery has an odor, heat, discoloration, deformation, or abnormality during use, storage, or charging, immediately remove the battery from the device or charger and stop using it.
- Discarded lithium iron phosphate batteries are wrapped with insulating paper to prevent fire and explosion.
LiFePO4 Batteries — Notes for series and parallel connection:
- Fully charge all the battery firstly, then connect them in series or parallel.
- The number of batteries in series is ≤4PCS, and the number of batteries in parallel is ≤4PCS. It is forbidden to mix multiple series connection and multiple parallels connection;(No more than 4 batteries should be used nether in series nor parallel connections; Mix use series and parallel connections are not permitted. )
- Do not mix in series or parallel with lead-acid batteries or different types of lithium batteries;(Only use batteries with the same type (lead-acid battery or lithium), and same capacities.
- Battery series and parallel connections need to be charged according to the standard charging voltage in the above table, and a special charger for lithium batteries is recommended;(Follow note 4.1 and 4.2 as above when selecting proper chargers)
LiFePO4 Batteries — Solutions to general failures
The battery pack cannot be discharged properly
- Check whether the battery connection is loose or not
- Make Sure the battery terminal posts were connected correctly and firmly
- Switch off the load and switch on again after 3 seconds
The battery pack cannot be charged properly
- Use chargers with compatible output;
- Only connect to electric appliances with compatible input;
The battery heats up when using
- Make sure the appliance connected are compatible and not overloaded
- Connect the battery packs correctly and firmly
LiFePO4 Batteries — Warning & Tips
1.Disassemble or modify the battery is forbidden.
2.Do not reversely connect or short-circuit the positive and negative poles of the battery; do not mix the battery with metal objects avoid short circuit from metal objects touch the positive and negative electrodes of the battery, damaging the battery or even causing danger.
- It is strictly forbidden to immerse the battery in sea water or throw it into fire.
- It is strictly prohibited to use chargers that do not meet the requirements for charging.
- Avoid frequent overcharging. Overcharging will cause the internal temperature rise and harmful to the lithium-ion battery and charger.